Problem opening the IR files in my DAW with other convolvers

OrphicTrench

Problem opening the IR files in my DAW with other convolvers

Post by OrphicTrench » 26 Sep 2021 16:35

Dear Acourate user group,

This is my first time posting here. I have been using Acourate flawlessly with foobar2000 (sorry, JRiver) for more than five months. I'm blown away with what I'm hearing and I can say I'm a very happy user.

However, I haven't been able to use it in my DAW. I seem to be having a lot of trouble opening the IR wav files with my usual convolution reverb plugins (LiquidSonics Reverberate, Sir Audio Tools SIR2, AudioThing FogConvolver, etc.).

Uli was very kind and sent me the Acourate VST Convolver, but as it is running at 32-bits, I'm having problems opening it in my DAW. I don't want to go into too much detail, but I created a 64-bit version using jBridge, but it either doesn't work or it kills my CPU.

So far, the only place that I have been able to open the convolution files correctly without running into problems is with foobar2000. Kind of a bummer, considering that I initially got Acourate for music production.

Do you have any idea why this is? Is there any way around this?

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Joey
UliBru

Re: Problem opening the IR files in my DAW with other convolvers

Post by UliBru » 26 Sep 2021 17:08

Hello Joey,

I'm using Acourate filters in wav format without any problems with JRivet or Roon. Basically I use the filters in 64bit double float wav format. The macro4 allows to also save the filters in 32bit single float wav format. If necessary you can open a filter wav file and also save it in 16bit or 24bit PCM format.
If none of these formats work with your plugins they should clearly specify the required format.
You may also send me a wV filter for further investigation.
Stay well tuned
Uli

Acourate system: JRiver/Roon -> AcourateConvolver -> miniDSP U-DIO8 -> TacT M/S2150 amps -> DIY horn speakers
OrphicTrench

Post by OrphicTrench » 26 Sep 2021 17:26

UliBru wrote:
26 Sep 2021 17:08
Hello Joey,

I'm using Acourate filters in wav format without any problems with JRivet or Roon. Basically I use the filters in 64bit double float wav format. The macro4 allows to also save the filters in 32bit single float wav format. If necessary you can open a filter wav file and also save it in 16bit or 24bit PCM format.
If none of these formats work with your plugins they should clearly specify the required format.
You may also send me a wV filter for further investigation.
Hi Uli,

I will experiment further by saving the filters as different file formats. Probably the convolvers prefer one format more than another.

Foobar2000 has no problem opening them as they are, just like JRiver and Roon. It must be something to do with the preferred format of the convolvers. I will post back if this has solved my issue.

Thanks!

Joey
UliBru

Post by UliBru » 26 Sep 2021 17:46

Hi Joey,

IIRC e.g. SIR2 has a library of sample IRs. Can't you take such files and investigate in the format?
Stay well tuned
Uli

Acourate system: JRiver/Roon -> AcourateConvolver -> miniDSP U-DIO8 -> TacT M/S2150 amps -> DIY horn speakers
OrphicTrench

Post by OrphicTrench » 26 Sep 2021 21:22

UliBru wrote:
26 Sep 2021 17:46
Hi Joey,

IIRC e.g. SIR2 has a library of sample IRs. Can't you take such files and investigate in the format?
That's an excellent idea! I will go look at the program files to see what they're using. LiquidSonics Reverberate for example uses two separate 44.1 files for Left and Right. Let's see how that goes.
UliBru

Post by UliBru » 26 Sep 2021 22:41

You can select mono in macro4 to get left and right wav files.
Stay well tuned
Uli

OrphicTrench

Post by OrphicTrench » 26 Sep 2021 23:14

UliBru wrote:
26 Sep 2021 22:41
You can select mono in macro4 to get left and right wav files.
It worked! The plugins were having trouble opening the 64bit-float files, but since I exported the mono 32bit files, everything fell into place! I'm using Reverberate which uses different IR files for the left and right channel. FogConvolver works well now too with a stereo 32bit file.

Thank you!!!

Joey