Acourate Version News

UliBru

Re: Acourate Version News

Post by UliBru » 14 Jul 2020 16:06

V1.10:

New function 'Moving Mic Recorder' in Logsweep menu

This function allows to record white noise by moving the microphone around in space. The captured sound gets displayed as a RTA chart with 1/3 .. 1/24 octave resolution. In comparison to other systems, e.g. REW it is possible to include crossover or correction filters (multiway wav format) to measure a corrected system.
It is possible to measure left or right channel only or both stereo channels together.
The resulting curve can be used to either correct a system along the recorded curves or to superimpose a given correction with an additional correction. The result does not allow to calculate a phase correction, it simply makes no sense. But it can be combined with a usual logsweep recording at the listening position to correct the excess phase.

The moving mic method is not new, see a good description by https://www.ohl.to/audio/downloads/MMM- ... rement.pdf
But now it is also available in Acourate to comfort you.

Starting/stopping a measurement and waiving the mic at the same time may be a bit nasty. The keyboard/monitor is often located away from the listening place. By using a FLIRC USB device it is possible to program a key of an IR remote control with a key combination Ctrl-S. This allows to start/stop the recorder remotely. BTW this is now also included in the logsweep recorder.

Have fun
Stay well tuned
Uli

Acourate system: JRiver/Roon -> AcourateConvolver -> miniDSP U-DIO8 -> TacT M/S2150 amps -> DIY horn speakers
Labdoc

Post by Labdoc » 26 Nov 2020 17:40

Uli wrote:
21 Oct 2019 11:39
V1.9.12:
  • Room - Save Cor Filters for TV (8192 taps). The function shortens filters to reduce latency for lip sync with TVs
  • Generate - Crossover. The XO generator allows now a newly developed class of XO filters similar to NT filters but with better behaviour
Hi Uli,
Sorry for the novice question.
I want to try the shorter filters to lessen/avoid lip sync issues. I have an existing project folder with all measurements from the previous default settings.
I assume I need to copy the previous folder as a new project folder, load specific files and repeat the filter generation.
What specific files need to be loaded?
Are there other things to do when trying to minimize lip sync? For example, does the ASIO buffer size matter?
Murray
Acourate/AConvolver on Win 11x64 > Thunderbolt > RME UFXplus (as DAC/preamp) > Balanced cable > Wyred4Sound SX1000 Icepower mono amps > ATC SCM50PSLT and stereo JL Audio F113 subs
UliBru

Post by UliBru » 26 Nov 2020 18:06

1. one-way speaker setup
- create the filters as usual up to macro4. You will get Cor1Lxx and Cor1Rxx filters
- apply Room - Save Cor Filters for TV. This will create a set of filters starting with tvCor...
- perhaps convert them into the cpv format for AcourateConvolver
- use the filters (you may also reduce the FFTsize in AcourateConvolver)

2. multiway speaker setup
- create a new workspace
- create minimumphase crossover filters
- measurement and filter calculation up tp macro4
- apply Room - Save Cor Filters for TV. This will create a set of filters starting with tvCor...
- perhaps convert them into the cpv format for AcourateConvolver
Stay well tuned
Uli

Acourate system: JRiver/Roon -> AcourateConvolver -> miniDSP U-DIO8 -> TacT M/S2150 amps -> DIY horn speakers
Labdoc

Post by Labdoc » 26 Nov 2020 18:29

UliBru wrote:
26 Nov 2020 18:06
(you may also reduce the FFTsize in AcourateConvolver)
Thanks for the fast reply.
Where is the FFTsize setting in AConvo?
Murray
Acourate/AConvolver on Win 11x64 > Thunderbolt > RME UFXplus (as DAC/preamp) > Balanced cable > Wyred4Sound SX1000 Icepower mono amps > ATC SCM50PSLT and stereo JL Audio F113 subs
UliBru

Post by UliBru » 26 Nov 2020 18:42

In the filter selection window of AC
Stay well tuned
Uli

Labdoc

Post by Labdoc » 26 Nov 2020 19:00

Got it. Thanks
Labdoc

Post by Labdoc » 03 Dec 2020 03:13

UliBru wrote:
26 Nov 2020 18:06
Hi Uli,
I tried the filters for TV. An improvement on lip sync, but some further improvement possible.
For the FFTsize, it looks like all filter frequencies need to be changed, in each line. Is this correct, or is there a way to simultaneously change all, for example, to 8192?

BTW, I am using the new Convolver (1.9.0). Nice improvement in the user interface.
Murray
UliBru

Post by UliBru » 03 Dec 2020 10:16

Labdoc wrote:
03 Dec 2020 03:13
I tried the filters for TV. An improvement on lip sync, but some further improvement possible.
For the FFTsize, it looks like all filter frequencies need to be changed, in each line. Is this correct, or is there a way to simultaneously change all, for example, to 8192?
No, there is no such function. But usually these parameters are not changed very often.
Labdoc wrote:
03 Dec 2020 03:13
BTW, I am using the new Convolver (1.9.0). Nice improvement in the user interface.
Thanks.
Stay well tuned
Uli

Dahlberg

Post by Dahlberg » 13 Nov 2021 20:58

I received a mail today 8-) and I figured I could find some additionall information in this thread :idea: :) Uli, care to elaborate :?:
Best regards. Bengt
Lesage

Post by Lesage » 15 Nov 2021 21:10

I qualified yesterday for the newest, V2 version. Uli responded soon, so I could give it a first glance this morning.

Obviously, the graphic user interface is improved, more modern-looking. However, you will easily find your way through the usual windows, macros and menus : there is great similarity between the latter and the former version.

The ice on the cake being that, if you process the same way, you get an identical result (as far as I have checked the new command to create/copy a workspace, then followed step by step the "version2.pdf", so that I reiterated the work and filters formerly generated, finally compared the "test convolution" graphics). So, there is no motive to be feared from being lost in a labyrinth. Many, many thanks for these macros !

Of course, out of curiosity, but also as a first attempt to capture all the required familiarity and understanding for a good usage to come, I have approached the Macro6 (ICPA). Uli's related pdf paper is informative and easy to understand, so that I had no difficulty to find how to proceed. This gave me an insight of what have perspired from place to place about the strange art of local phase corrections.

I shall recognise that I had never taken the time to look so closely at this part of the graphics.

But that was before version 2... ;)