Better ADC/DAC cards with Acourate?

Labdoc

Re: Better ADC/DAC cards with Acourate?

Post by Labdoc » 26 Jun 2021 02:56

Another option is RME. I use a UFX+ with an Acourate XO between the main 3-way speakers and stereo subs. There is no limitation to adding separate XOs for the LF, MF and HF drivers, and this is in the future for me. I connect to the computer running Acourate Convolver via Thunderbolt (30 m cable no problem). The TotalMix FX feature of RME is really nice for routing and mixing. The DAC in the UFX+ is top notch, and the RME user forum is quite helpful. Although I use Thunderbolt, RME also has MADI and ethernet solutions. These require additional hardware, so do not meet your interest in simplifying the rack and keeping costs down.
Acourate/AConvolver on Win 11x64 > Thunderbolt > RME UFXplus (as DAC/preamp) > Balanced cable > Wyred4Sound SX1000 Icepower mono amps > ATC SCM50PSLT and stereo JL Audio F113 subs
UliBru

Re: Better ADC/DAC cards with Acourate?

Post by UliBru » 26 Jun 2021 12:22

Actually I have a RME Madiface USB and an ADI6432 for test. This works without any problems. The ADI6432 is a Madiface - AES/EBU converter and directly feeds my digital amps.
Stay well tuned
Uli

Acourate system: JRiver/Roon -> AcourateConvolver -> miniDSP U-DIO8 -> TacT M/S2150 amps -> DIY horn speakers