Acourate Version News

User avatar
Uli
Site Admin
Posts: 11
Joined: 18 Oct 2019 17:56

Acourate Version News

Post by Uli » 21 Oct 2019 11:39

V1.9.12:
  • Room - Save Cor Filters for TV (8192 taps). The function shortens filters to reduce latency for lip sync with TVs
  • Generate - Crossover. The XO generator allows now a newly developed class of XO filters similar to NT filters but with better behaviour
User avatar
mattkhan
Posts: 8
Joined: 22 Oct 2019 10:12

Re: Acourate Version News

Post by mattkhan » 24 Nov 2019 18:47

Uli wrote:
21 Oct 2019 11:39
Room - Save Cor Filters for TV (8192 taps). The function shortens filters to reduce latency for lip sync with TVs
interested to try this one out

does it have any additional logic to handle reduced frequency resolution for the low end of the response? e.g. substituting part of the response with some set of IIR filters

any other constraints to be aware of and/or things to do to achieve good results?
User avatar
UliBru
Posts: 433
Joined: 19 Oct 2019 13:58

Re: Acourate Version News

Post by UliBru » 24 Nov 2019 19:08

mattkhan wrote:
24 Nov 2019 18:47
Uli wrote:
21 Oct 2019 11:39
Room - Save Cor Filters for TV (8192 taps). The function shortens filters to reduce latency for lip sync with TVs
interested to try this one out

does it have any additional logic to handle reduced frequency resolution for the low end of the response? e.g. substituting part of the response with some set of IIR filters

any other constraints to be aware of and/or things to do to achieve good results?
Matt,
there is no additional logic. The filter is simply cut to a shorter length. From experience it works quite well despite the solution is not optimal.
Stay well tuned
Uli

Moderator
Acourate system: JRiver/Roon -> AcourateConvolver -> miniDSP U-DIO8 -> TacT M/S2150 amps -> DIY horn speakers
Ralf.Hoellmann
Posts: 8
Joined: 19 Oct 2019 19:07

Re: Acourate Version News

Post by Ralf.Hoellmann » 07 Dec 2019 08:52

I have tested the new filters generated by Uli. In comparison with the NTs they are much (audibly) better!

Personally, the UB JPol11 worked best for me. For those, who have been using the NTs so far: Take the time and re-work it. It is worth every minute spent!

Regards, Ralf
:P
ThomasPu
Posts: 4
Joined: 29 Dec 2019 02:48

Re: Acourate Version News

Post by ThomasPu » 29 Dec 2019 02:54

Dear all,

Just a short question. How do I get the new version of Acourate, my last Update was years ago because it works just rock solid.

Thanks Thomas
User avatar
UliBru
Posts: 433
Joined: 19 Oct 2019 13:58

Re: Acourate Version News

Post by UliBru » 29 Dec 2019 11:28

An Acourate update is available on request by email. It makes sense to also send the ID by latest www.audiovero.de/AcourateID/AcourateID.exe
Stay well tuned
Uli

Moderator
Acourate system: JRiver/Roon -> AcourateConvolver -> miniDSP U-DIO8 -> TacT M/S2150 amps -> DIY horn speakers
User avatar
mattkhan
Posts: 8
Joined: 22 Oct 2019 10:12

Re: Acourate Version News

Post by mattkhan » 03 Jan 2020 12:43

I notice the logsweep recorder in 1.9.12 now has a "Normalize Pulse" option where "Freeze Gain" used to be, am I right in thinking this is the inverse of the freeze gain checkbox? i.e. if I previously checked freeze gain then I should now uncheck normalize pulse?
User avatar
UliBru
Posts: 433
Joined: 19 Oct 2019 13:58

Re: Acourate Version News

Post by UliBru » 03 Jan 2020 12:46

mattkhan wrote:
03 Jan 2020 12:43
I notice the logsweep recorder in 1.9.12 now has a "Normalize Pulse" option where "Freeze Gain" used to be, am I right in thinking this is the inverse of the freeze gain checkbox? i.e. if I previously checked freeze gain then I should now uncheck normalize pulse?
Matt,

yes, the normalization option is just the inverse. IMO is is a little better to understand than 'Freeze Gain'
Stay well tuned
Uli

Moderator
Acourate system: JRiver/Roon -> AcourateConvolver -> miniDSP U-DIO8 -> TacT M/S2150 amps -> DIY horn speakers
User avatar
mattkhan
Posts: 8
Joined: 22 Oct 2019 10:12

Re: Acourate Version News

Post by mattkhan » 04 Jan 2020 12:32

minor bug report.... Macro4 doesn't remember the subsonic filter setting in 1.9.12, it is in the ini file though (and I think it used to remember this)
User avatar
UliBru
Posts: 433
Joined: 19 Oct 2019 13:58

Re: Acourate Version News

Post by UliBru » 04 Jan 2020 12:36

mattkhan wrote:
04 Jan 2020 12:32
minor bug report.... Macro4 doesn't remember the subsonic filter setting
It's not a bug, it's a feature :D
Macro4 remembers the subsonic filter setting in macro2 = target designer. This allows to visualize the behaviour of the subsonic filter. It is still possible to override the subsonic setting in macro4 but macro4 does not store this value.
Stay well tuned
Uli

Moderator
Acourate system: JRiver/Roon -> AcourateConvolver -> miniDSP U-DIO8 -> TacT M/S2150 amps -> DIY horn speakers
Post Reply