LogSweep - Extract Pulses & Harmonic Distortion

PhilActiveAudio

LogSweep - Extract Pulses & Harmonic Distortion

Post by PhilActiveAudio » 04 Apr 2021 19:22

Hi Uli,

I performed new measurements of my 3 drivers yesterday with adjusted frequency range. As I also wanted to analyse harmonic distortion, I copied LogSweep96_rec.wav and Inverse96.dbl files located in the ..\Documents\Acourate\LogSweep in the Workspace after each measurement (one Workspace per driver).

I think I found a small bug with the LogSweep - Extract Pulses & Harmonic Distortion function. It always displays Previous LogSweep Parameters related the very last LogSweep recording I did (the tweeter), but not the one of files located in the Workspace I am working on.

Below picture is taken while I was working on the Bass - Supravox with a recording range from 10 Hz to 2500 Hz.
Capture - Extract Pulses.jpg
Capture - Extract Pulses.jpg (61.36 KiB) Viewed 1382 times

Do you confirm?
However, results of the function look OK.
exaSound e68 DAC ==> class D / Accuphase / class D ==> Jensen Supravox / Arai Radian / Fostex
UliBru

Re: LogSweep - Extract Pulses & Harmonic Distortion

Post by UliBru » 05 Apr 2021 12:12

I can confirm your obsewrvation. Acourate remembers the latest logsweep data for the calculation of harmonics.
It does not remember older logsweep recordings. So you have to calculate the distortions before taking a new measurement.
Another solution is to create a simple mono logsweep by Generate - Logsweep. But you have to remember the logsweep data anyway for this.
Stay well tuned
Uli

Acourate system: JRiver/Roon -> AcourateConvolver -> miniDSP U-DIO8 -> TacT M/S2150 amps -> DIY horn speakers
PhilActiveAudio

Re: LogSweep - Extract Pulses & Harmonic Distortion

Post by PhilActiveAudio » 05 Apr 2021 21:37

Thanks for your feedback Uli.

Fortunately, following Mitch procedure, I can use this function long time after the LogSweep recorder by proceeding with LogSweep Convolution using the additional saved files.
exaSound e68 DAC ==> class D / Accuphase / class D ==> Jensen Supravox / Arai Radian / Fostex