log sweep error message "axis minimum value must be <= Maximum"

ChrisL

log sweep error message "axis minimum value must be <= Maximum"

Post by ChrisL » 07 Oct 2020 23:52

Hi,

I have made a number of measurements without any issues but now I am getting the following error message after a log sweep measurement:

"Axis Minimum Value must be <= Maximum"

When I close this error window and then try to close the logsweep measurement window it bring me back to the above error message. The only way out is to termimate acourate.

The log sweeprecorder is set for
sweep start of 10 hz
Sweep end of 24000
Samplerate 4800 hz
Sweep time of 10 sec

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated
UliBru

Re: log sweep error message "axis minimum value must be <= Maximum"

Post by UliBru » 08 Oct 2020 09:48

Please send me the two files by email: \Documents\Acourate\Acourate.ini and \yourworkspace\Acourate.ini
Please rename the workspace file before sending, e.g. wkspcAcourate.ini. So I can distinguish between the files.

After sending the files please try the logsweep recorder with standard settings PeakOpt and Normalize = on, Dirac and Invert Polarity = off.

I have had another case where playing with the options has removed the fault. But this changes also the ini files and so I cannot debug for the reason.
That's why I ask for the ini files
Stay well tuned
Uli

Acourate system: JRiver/Roon -> AcourateConvolver -> miniDSP U-DIO8 -> TacT M/S2150 amps -> DIY horn speakers
In-Ear

Post by In-Ear » 08 Oct 2020 09:50

sounds like the error I had when measuring without "normalize pulse". I have written in another post yesterday how it works:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=103
UliBru

Post by UliBru » 08 Oct 2020 10:15

I have catched the reason now. The fault comes up if a first measurement is carried out with option Normalization = off.
So a quick workaround is to set this option on (the default value). With a 2nd measurement you can turn the option off. This means that all following measurements will use the normalization gain of the first measurement.
Of course the bug is removed in the next version.
Stay well tuned
Uli

Acourate system: JRiver/Roon -> AcourateConvolver -> miniDSP U-DIO8 -> TacT M/S2150 amps -> DIY horn speakers
ChrisL

Post by ChrisL » 08 Oct 2020 16:09

Thank you for your help, back up and running now.

It was not obvious to me that a gain is always applied to the log sweep measurement. So if I understand this correctly, when this button is enabled, the gain required to normalize the measured pulse is calculated, applied and remembered. The remembered gain value is used in all subsequent log sweep measurements until it is reset with this button enabled.

Effectively, this button is not to only normalize the pulse but to normalize the pulse and reset gain.

Is the remembered gain value only applicable to the workspace ?
UliBru

Post by UliBru » 08 Oct 2020 16:25

ChrisL wrote:
08 Oct 2020 16:09
Is the remembered gain value only applicable to the workspace ?
The remembered value is valid for all workspaces.
Usually most users do not measure lots of different speakers.
But indeed the absolute gain is not important except when you compare different speakers e.g. left and right speaker. Then is is important ot keep the gain relationship.
Stay well tuned
Uli